[CWB] cwb development

Lars Nygaard lars.nygaard at iln.uio.no
Wed Apr 19 12:17:44 CEST 2006

Stefan Evert wrote:
> Lars Nygaard wrote:
>
>>I have a suggestion for CWB documentation:
>>
>>* "CWB tutorial": ~8 pages on using CQP, ~2 pages on corpus encoding
>>

> Well, we've got the CQP query tutorial and the Corpus Encoding tutorial
> (which needs to be filled in with a little more information). Taken
> together, these two documents should be enough to get most people
> started with the CWB. I think what you have in mind would be a kind of
> "CWB quickstart guide" - definitely useful, perhaps something that you
> or other users could contribute?

No, my point was that "tutorial" - to me at least - has connotations
towards something short and introductory. That's no longer true of the
"cwp query tutorial", which is 50 pages long. So my suggestion was that
we rename it to a manual, and create a new (and shorter) tutorial.

but these are all trivialities, of course ...

-lars