[CWB] Manatee1.94 installation

Serge HEIDEN Slh at ens-lsh.fr
Fri Feb 2 20:40:54 CET 2007

For your information, I managed to compile Manatee-1.94 on a Solaris 5.8 box.
To be able to compile it, I had to skip the following targets :
- tstcqpgr
- Python API
- Java API
Those three targets generate a compile time error coming from successive
declarations of a 32 then 64 bits file descriptor. I didn't have time to go back
to the initial descriptor declaration to fix this.
I also needed to install 'pcre'. It is mandatory.

I was then able to use Bonito with their test bundle based on the already
prepared suzane corpus and the compiled server.

 I couldn't find any documentation.

Next step will be to test with my own corpus, and to draw the overall
architecture of data indexes and functional modules.

Best,
Serge