[CWB] web-interface with aligned corpora and WebCqp::Persistent

Joerg Tiedemann tiedeman at let.rug.nl
Wed Feb 21 13:54:15 CET 2007

hello!

thanks stefan and lars for your answers. I managed to load my parallel
corpus and to add the alignments to the CQPdemo interface (just dirty
hacking - to test if it would work ...). very nice! I will try to use it
for the OPUS corpora as well. I can let you know when I have it on-line.

about crossing alignments: I didn't know that this is supported by CWB. I
usually used cwb-align-encode to built the alignment attributes and as far
as I remember, crossing links are not allowed when using that tool. Am I
correct? but with crossing links - it's no problem to represent word
alignment in CWB as well, isn't it? cool! did anyone try this already?
(I can imagine that indeces get qquite big then ...)

one more thing: does the charset option in registry files do anything? or
is it just for information purposes? I guess that CWB is still byte based
and cannot really handle unicode encodings, can it?

I'm looking forward seeing the next (first) version on sourceforge ...
best,

Jörg

**  Jörg Tiedemann                 tiedeman at let.rug.nl             **
**  Alfa-Informatica               http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman **
**  Rijksuniversiteit Groningen     Harmoniegebouw, room 1311-429  **
**  Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 26    phone: +31 (0)50-363 5935      **
**  9712 EK Groningen               fax:   +31 (0)50-363 6855      **