[CWB] Re: Corpus size and filtering

Rui Pedro Chaves ruipedrochaves at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 12:59:47 CEST 2008

Dear Stefan,
thank you for your reply.

Yes, that is correct, the corpus contains XML/XHTML tags which we do not want to be taken as
tokens. For example, each text file contains an index with 54 attributes (author, publication
date,  type of text, etc.). If I understand your reply, by default all of these are ignored by
CQP, which is great.
However, the XML/XHTML tags are necessary for the user to compose his/her own sub-corpus. So,
someone might be interested in assembling a collection of texts by a certain author and/or texts
of a certain date, and query only over this collection of texts. Hopefully this can also be done
in CWB/CQP.

Many thanks,
Rui