[CWB] configuring the cwb-perl-public interface

Josef Ruppenhofer josefr at coli.uni-sb.de
Sun Dec 21 21:24:09 CET 2008

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the debian package for cwb version 2.2b91
and CQP worked for me on the command line right away.

Later I tried to install the CWB-Perl-Public-1.0.2 browser interface
to play with the Dickens Demo Corpus  but I haven't managed yet to
make things work. I suspect I haven't set things up correctly relative
to my webserver.

My basic setup is this:

I moved the contents of the html and cgi-bin directories (which I
extracted from the CWB-Perl-Public archive) into directories htdocs
and cgi-bin under /etc/apache2. I then created soft links to
/etc/apache2/{htdocs,cgi-bin} under /var/www, which is the starting
dir for the web server.

When I point my browser to

http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/CWB/CQPDemo/

I can see the top level page for "IMS Corpus Workbench" and I get
links for searching the English sample corpus Dickens. But none of the
queries work.

* When I click on "corpus tools" for instance, I get to
http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/CWB/CQPDemo/frames-tools.html where I see this
error:

The requested URL /cgi-bin/CWB/CQPDemo/form-tools.pl was not found on
this server
The requested URL /htdocs/CWB/CQPDemo/help-tools.html was not found on
this server.

The path to form-tools.pl exists under /var/www but there is no
help-tools.html page.

* When I click on simple query I get to
http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/CWB/CQPDemo/frames-simple.html where I see
these two errors:

The requested URL /cgi-bin/CQPDemo/form-query.pl was not found on this server.
The requested URL /htdocs/CWB/CQPDemo/help-simple.html was not found
on this server.

As above, the perl file exists but there is no help-simple.html file
in the distribution.

* Clicking on cqp query gets me to
http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/CWB/CQPDemo/frames-cqp.html, with this  error
waiting:

The requested URL /cgi-bin/CWB/CQPDemo/form-query.pl was not found on
this server

Again, that perl file exists under /var/www.

I'd be grateful for 1) any recommendations on how to fix this and 2)
other possible browser interfaces to cqp.

Many thanks,
Josef Ruppenhofer

--
Department of Computational Linguistics and Phonetics
Saarland University