[CWB] Timing issues when using the CQP Perl module

Petrakis Stefanos Stefanos.Petrakis at eurac.edu
Fri Jan 11 15:56:43 CET 2008

Dear all,

While using the CQP Perl module inside a Perl server script, I notice some timing anomalies.
These are introduced when I call the query method of a CQP object.

    $my_cqp->query("$cqpQuery");

This line in my code for simple queries (e.g. [word="haus"%c][word="mieten"%c] )
sometimes takes more than 30 seconds to return, with the usual response time being around 2-3 secs.
(i do some very basic time counting using gettimeofday to get secs and microsecs).

a) Has anybody come up with a similar observation? Or even a useful conclusion/solution?
b) Could it be a problem of my server's setup? Is a CWB-rebuild recommended?

I am using Version:   2.2.b91 ( as reported by cqp -v).

Best regards,

Stefanos Petrakis
Institut für Fachkommunikation und Mehrsprachigkeit
EURAC research
Viale Druso/Drususallee 1
39100 Bolzano/Bozen - Italy
Tel. +39 0471 055 134 - Fax +39 0471 055199
Email: Stefanos.Petrakis at eurac.edu <mailto:Stefanos.Petrakis at eurac.edu>
Website: www.eurac.edu <http://www.eurac.edu/>  | www.korpus-suedtirol.it/