[CWB] CWB/Perl modules: where can it be downloaded?

Stefan Evert stefan.evert at uos.de
Fri Mar 7 13:13:50 CET 2008

Hi everyone!

I'm not going to comment on Emiliano's misinterpretation of PHP as a
programming language. ;-)

Having CWB APIs for other languages than Perl would definitely be a
plus, though, so I'd like to encourage you to share any code you've
worked out. I hope to sort out the sf.net SVN soon, so that we can
coordinate further development of such interfaces there.

I know that some people have been working on a Python interface at
least for CQP -- we're currently working on our own implementation in
Osnabrück -- and I'd be interested in porting the C API for direct
corpus access from Perl to Python.

As far as the Perl APIs are concerned, the reason I haven't uploaded
them to sf.net is that the source code is currently in a mess and
waiting for a reimplementation (which I have to get done soon anyway
because of some other project). If you have downloaded the latest CWB
source code from sf.net, you'll notice that publically available
versions of the Perl API don't work any more ...

I attach the current messy version of the Perl modules, which anyone
interested in the Perl API should use as an interim solution until
the cleaned-up reimplementation becomes available on sf.net.

Sorry about the mess and continuing delays & best wishes,