[CWB] Autoconf Configure Script for OCWB

Alberto Simões albie at alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt
Wed Oct 22 15:45:59 CEST 2008

Hello

I know that OCWB version 3.0 should be out really soon, and that my
offer is too late to be incorporated. But I am willing to help creating
a autoconf/automake set of scripts to configure OCWB.

I know that the current configuration system works for most everybody.
But it just works if you are really interested in compiling OCWB.

An autoconf/automake pair would make it easier to almost everybody
compile and install OCWB. Also, it would enable linux packager to create
easilly packages for main Linux distros, and that might be a good thing.
Also, it is the "standard gnu way".

Stefan said he is thinking on using glib2 as base for OCWB. Personally I
use it for all my projects and I think it is a really good choice. But
it will not remove the need for a configuration script. To detect and
link correctly with glib is much easier when done by the common
configure script.

So, my question at the moment is: should I work on it? Is there enough
interest on that feature?

I would probably wait until version 3.0 is out before starting
scratching the code.

Cheers
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                  Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal