[CWB] CWB port on Windows & Textometrie project

Serge HEIDEN Slh at ens-lsh.fr
Fri May 15 16:25:02 CEST 2009

Dear Stefan and all,

In the context of a research project building a new text analysis platform
TXM
binding together (CWB and R) (see http://textometrie.ens-lsh.fr/?lang=en),
we have ported CWB on Windows with MinGW (actually it was
cross-compiled on a Linux box to a virtual Windows).
You can get the code at :
http://textometrie.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/textometrie/trunk/toolbox/src/main/C/
and the report on the things done is at :
https://textometrie.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/textometrie/trunk/toolbox/src/main/C/cross-compilation
Please don't hesitate to stress the code.

A take the opportunity of this mail to ask if the Unicode feature
of CWB has been worked on recently, and if not, if you have
any ideas on how we could make things evolve in that domain.

I have added some feature requests on sourceforge for CWB :
- XML wrapping
- multiple structural hierarchies
- unify anchor point and labels
Please don't hesitate to change or destroy them if you think
they are not pertinent.

We plan to release an alpha version of the TXM platform at the
end of the month.
As I know your involvement in the R community around the
cooccurrence models also, you may be interested in the CWB
and R aspect of our project. Any comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Serge Heiden

--
Dr. Serge Heiden, slh at ens-lsh.fr, http://textometrie.ens-lsh.fr
ENS-LSH/CNRS - ICAR UMR5191, Institut de Linguistique Française