[CWB] cqpserver, CQI and C#

Misko Obrenovic dartonja at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:53:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using CWB for the past 7 years, and recently I've discovered the new
site and this mailing list. You're doing a great job. I'm interested now in
CWB on Windows, so I downloaded  and tested the cwb-3.1.0-windows-i586.zip.
I found a new things like cqpserver and CQi, and started to look more
information about them. I saw that textometrie project uses it, I read the
cqi_tutorial.pdf, then I tried to modify CQi_spec/MakeInterfaces.perl and
generate
CQi specification for C# using settings similiar to those for Java. I got a
C# class but I don't know how to use it right. It's a bunch od constants'
definitions (readonly static members to be more precised). I didn't
understand how these constants can be used as methods, but I tried anyway,
testing
CTRL_CONNECT("anonymous", "");
and, of course, got the message that "it can't be invoked". So, I would be
much grateful if someone could explain me, or point me some existing
documentation that I missed (a short concrete example in C or Java about how
to communicate to cqpserver from external application would be the best).

There's another thing I want to consult you, but I leave it for a separate
message.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Misko