[CWB] sort context ignoring punctuation

Misko Obrenovic dartonja at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:50:18 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm interested in sorting the query results by left (or right) context but
ignoring the punctuation. That is instead of
this, as a result of sorting by left context (sort by word %cd on
match[0]..match[-42];)

   46049: ited the government ' s " <social> irresponsibility " . ( S
105488: y in terms of employees ' <social> and economic status . (
  220890: rspective of healthcare , <social> policy , education , the
    42699: ent , finance and trade ; <social> security ; education and
18783:  as spend 45 m euros on a <social> programme for the planne
      38985:  will be in charge of all <social> and administrative quest

I would like this (a < all < employees < healthcare < s < trade)

18783:  as spend 45 m euros on a <social> programme for the planne
      38985:  will be in charge of all <social> and administrative quest
105488: y in terms of employees ' <social> and economic status . (
  220890: rspective of healthcare , <social> policy , education , the
   46049: ited the government ' s " <social> irresponsibility " . ( S
    42699: ent , finance and trade ; <social> security ; education and

Is there a possibility to do this in cqp, and is it a problem to add it? I'm
using external solutions incorporated in web interface, but it's slow and it
sorts only the range of 20 shown query results. I would like to show the
ranges of 20 query results but already sorted by left or right context but
with punctuation ignored.

Thanks,
Misko