[CWB] Catting result-sets

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Dec 21 22:40:54 CET 2010

This involves bits of the CQP code that I don't 100% understand, so Stefan may correct me, but I strongly suspect the answer is No.  The function in question is do_size (line 2895 of cqp/parse_actions.c) and it prints 0 if it is passed a null pointer. (Actually, it might be nicer for it to print something like UNDEF to make it clearer CQP did not find the data....) So it looks as if the pointer to the data structure of the query is not available when the corpus it belongs to is not activated. This makes sense; queries are lists of corpus positions, it would be odd to make those lists available when the active context is not one to which those integer lists can actually be applied.

Andrew.

(PS glad you found a workaround!)