[CWB] problems width lemma and pos queries

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Thu Feb 4 23:03:27 CET 2010

Hi Albert!

> exactly, I tested and something is wrong:
>
> $ cwb-lexdecode -P pos PROVA
> DET
> CL: index is out of range: (aborting) get_id_info() failed
>
> $ cwb-lexdecode -P lemma PROVA
> CL: index is out of range: (aborting) get_id_info() failed
>

> Seems that there is a problem with the tabular (indentation) of the
> vrt... I attach the vrt. I edited it manuality by vim...

No the file you attached is fine.  I can encode it on my computer and
CQP then finds three matches for [pos="NN"].

> I don't know what is happening :(

 From the error messages above it appears that your index files are
corrupt.  Can you send us the precise commands you used to encode the
corpus?  Do you use "cwb-make" from the CWB/Perl package, as
recommended?  If not, and if this isn't your first try, did you make
sure to delete all old files in the data directory before re-encoding?