[CWB] problems width lemma and pos queries

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Fri Feb 5 16:40:07 CET 2010

> yes thanks, I try other vrt import, from mysql, and run correctly.
> For this, I did:
>
> cwb-encode -d ./data/prova -f ./upload/prova.vrt -R
> /usr/local/share/cwb/registry/prova -xsB -P pos -P lemma -S s:0 -S p:0
> -0 collection
> cwb-makeall -V prova

Works for me, with the prova.vrt file you had attached to a previous e-
mail.

Did you try cleaning up the data directory before re-encoding?  Or use
cwb-make from the CWB/Perl tools, which will automatically remove
outdated files.

Which CWB version do you use?  If it's not a recent one (>= 2.2.100),
can you upgrade to the newest release and try again?

Finally, it's a bad idea to specify a relative path in the "-d"
option.  Since this relative path is entered in the auto-generated
registry file, you will only be able to access the corpus from the
directory where you ran cwb-encode, even though it's in the global
registry.  If you don't know the correct path, an easy solution is to
write "-d `pwd`/data/prova".