[CWB] CQPweb - managing metadata

Claudia Borg claudiaborg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:32:25 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to install my own corpus though cqpweb - I have a simple
vertical text file in the following structure:

<text id="illum01" lang="Maltese">
<text_id "illum01">
<text_lang "Maltese">
<s>
word1
word2
</s>
</text_lang>
</text_id>
</text>

there is no annotation (pos, lemma, ect) so its basically like a word list.
The corpus installation process goes well (I used default p-attributes, even
if in reality I only have word attribute - in future I will add pos and
lemma but for the time being I am just trying to get used to cqpweb), but
then I need to install the metadata, and I cannot quite understand what is
required here.

If I try to create a minimalist metadata table without specifying anything
in the manage metatdata page, then I get this error:

A mySQL query did not run successfully!

Error # 2:
File '/home/mlrs/corpora/system/temp/___install_temp_metadata_illum01' not
found (Errcode: 2)

from mysql admin, I see that the table text_metadata_for_illum01 has been
created but it is empty (no rows).

If I try to enter some metadata fields (which I cannot clearly understand
what's meant to be here), then I still get the above error.

I cannot seem to find anything specific to this problem in the documentation
(i.e. explaining what metadata should look like, ect.).  I am mainly
following:
http://cwb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cwb/gui/cqpweb/trunk/doc/CQPweb-installing-corpora.html

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards