[CWB] CQPweb - problem with mySQL

Claudia Borg claudiaborg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:18:35 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I have downloaded and played with CWB, installed on Ubuntu. Everything
seems to be working as expected (or so I hope), however, with CQPweb I
am getting this error at the initial page after I log on:

CQPweb Sysadmin Control Panel

A mySQL query did not run successfully!

Error # 1046:
No database selected

... in file /var/www/lib/adminhome.inc.php line 678.

If I go to that file & line number I see that it is trying execute
this sql command:
"select * from corpus_metadata_fixed order by corpus asc"
Which is of course not working because the database schema that I
entered into the autoconfig file is still empty apart from a test
table which I manually inserted to test the utf-8 settings.

Did I miss something during the installation? Should I have created
the necessary tables manually or were they meant to be created
automatically using the script?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Claudia