[CWB] Create minimalist metadata table error

Stefan Hecker stefan.hecker at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Sun Mar 21 14:58:33 CET 2010

Hi,

I just compiled and installed the SVN Version of CQPweb from
https://cwb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cwb/gui/cqpweb/trunk CQPweb-2.x

When I try to create a minimalist metadata table for a freshly importet
corpus, I get the following error:

	A mySQL query did not run successfully!

	Error # 1146:
	Table 'cwb.text_metadata_for_' doesn't exist

The corresponding sql-log looks like this:

100321 14:47:07    3236 Connect     cwb at localhost on
                   3236 Init DB     cwb
                   3236 Query       SET NAMES utf8
                   3236 Query       create table `text_metadata_for_foo`(
                `text_id` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
                `words` INTEGER NOT NULL default '0',
                `cqp_begin` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0',
                `cqp_end` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0',
                primary key (text_id)
                ) CHARSET=utf8
                   3236 Query       LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
'/var/local/cwb/temp/___install_temp_metadata_foo' INTO TABLE
text_metadata_for_foo
                   3236 Query       select text_id from
text_metadata_for_ where text_id REGEXP '[^A-Za-z0-9_]'
                   3236 Quit

To me it looks like the create_text_metadata_check_text_ids-function
from admin-lib.inc.php gets called at line 1457 with the proper
argument, but the variable for the argument is not being initialized in
a proper way in the create_text_metadata_for_minimalist-function,
resulting in the incomplete query 'select text_id from
text_metadata_for_ where text_id REGEXP '[^A-Za-z0-9_]''

As a quick workaround I tried to replace the variable '$corpus' in line
1457 by '$corpus_sql_name', which seems to make it work without errors.
As I am sure this is not the correct way to fix this, could somebody
else please have a look at this issue?
Thanks very much!

Kind regards,