[CWB] cwb-python

Yannick Versley yversley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 22:39:49 CET 2010

Hi,

in case someone can use this:I have bundled my own CWB::CL-style
lowlevel interface
together with Jorg Asmussen's PyCQP_interface.py into an installable
Python module.
This is rather handy if you (say) want to do a CQP query, but then
additionally want
to check that the second word from your query has a certain property
(e.g., using a
morphological analyzer).
If you're interested, please check out
http://bitbucket.org/yannick/cwb-python/

I have modified the module so it uses only the "public" cl.h interface
instead of grabbing stuff
from the internal data structures. The sad thing is, before (i.e.,
using the internal structures)
I could make a list of all attributes, wrapped into appropriate S- or
P-attribute objects as needed
whereas the public API does not include any function to inquire the
type/name of an attribute
or get a list of attributes for a corpus. (Or maybe there is and I
overlooked it because the Perl
CWB::CL doesn't use it).

Best wishes,
Yannick