[CWB] CWB 3.2 beta testing the windows version

Gertrud Faasz faaszgd at ims.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Oct 28 17:28:25 CEST 2010

Dear developers,
not a big thing, though, I should like to report the following,
happening with a CWB-installation on windows 7.
If you know about a work-around, please let me know.

Issue 1:
1st try: start cqp -e with a little UTF-8 corpus, do a simple query

Problem: works fine, however, utf-8 characters do not display correctly
(some other character like í appears)

2nd try: change terminal setting with "chcp 65001", start cqp again, do
the same query:

The message

"Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher.
Warning: Could not start pager 'more'. Paging disabled."

appears, followed by the results (not paged), however, these are now
displayed correctly.
---
Issue 2:
Next, I tried  "group Last match"-command: special characters are not
displayed (just empty boxes)
---

The problem is 100% reproducable; tried the settings a couple of times
and in variations. I can provide screen shots if that helps, please let
me know. And please note: there are no such problems when working with
latin-1 corpora; if entering "chcp 1252" before starting cqp, paging and
display of special latin-1 characters are as expected.

Sorry for the trouble & kind regards

Gertrud