[CWB] Concordance printing -- opinions?

Emiliano Guevara emiguevara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:38:20 CEST 2010

Hi there Stefan!

first of all, thank you and Andrew for all the work you are putting
into this!

I just wanted to give my two cents on this. I also am more sympathetic
towards Stefan's Version B.

On Sep 21, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Stefan Evert wrote:

> Version B: Reimplement kwic formatting from scratch, offering only two output modes: XML and plain text.

Pure text is just perfect for terminal use, and should be default.
On the other hand, it would be just great if the default output
feeding the Perl API (CWB::CQP or other implementations if available)
was XML, but keeping the pure text option alive just in case (why not,
someone might need just pure printing sometimes, say to compute
collocations from a pure text KWIC).

Thanks again,

E.