[CWB] Re: [ cwb-Bugs-3066695 ] CWB::CL: too few arguments to function cl_string_canonical

Jan Jona Javorsek jona.javorsek at ijs.si
Wed Sep 22 12:52:06 CEST 2010

This particular problem stems from not including all the necessary
libraries. Sadly, CWB::CL Makefile.PL has not been updated, and the
cwb-config does not tell it all that is needed, but this worked for me:

Replace

  my $LD_FLAGS = `'$config_util' -I`

with

  my $LD_FLAGS = `'$config_util' -I`. ' -lpcre -lglib-2.0'

and do

  make clean; perl Makefile.pl; make; make test

(ignoring all the settings for non-standard install locations) - now you
can expect to fail some tests since the tests believe you work with
Latin1, and you have UTF-8. That can be fixed by going with latin1
instead of utf8, to test the tests actually pass (for me, they do).

And now we can start thinking about how to get the corpus encoding and
proper query reencoding handled properly in CWB::CL - but that is
slighly over the top of my head at this point.

(I wish I knew how to reply to the actual bug, sorry about that.)

Cheers,
-jan