[CWB] Encoding error in Windows

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Apr 10 01:10:20 CEST 2011

As I noted in a previous mail, the ???? message indicates that the console is not passing well-formed UTF-8 characters to CQP. Changing the cmd.exe code page to UTF-8 before running CQP may help (chcp 65001).

The -c option for cwb-encode is documented in cwb-encode -h, but not yet in man cwb-encode. The corpus encoding tutorial document is still targeted at v3.0 which does not have Unicode (or Windows) support.