[CWB] MacOSX 3.2 binaries

Serge Heiden slh at ens-lyon.fr
Sat Feb 12 15:14:11 CET 2011

Hi Stefan and all,

Selon Stefan Evert le 12/02/2011 11:44:
>  It would be great if we could find a way to distribute the CWB for
>  Mac as a binary package bundled with all required libraries (that's
>  what most other Mac software does).  Any volunteers to look into
>  this?

We finally managed to compile CWB on Mac OS X using the
macport things and began to distribute our TXM platform (including
cqpserver,
cwb-encode and cwb-makeall...) to native Mac OS X final users last week.

To install a CWB binary on Mac, all you need is :
- The CWB programs compiled on Mac for Mac (gcc)
- about 4 or 5 Mac version of some dynamic libraries to add in
'/opt/local/lib'
(including the 'glib.so' coming from the macport binary release of GLIB,
pcre.so, etc.)
That's all.

We tried to compile a static version of cqpserver for example (to try not
to mess in the /opt/local/lib directory) but it seems not recommended
to compile programs statically on the Mac platform and that process is
not sufficiently documented. So we keep using some dynamic libraries
for the moment.

Currently 4 beta testers are using TXM on Mac OS X and thus CWB.
We plan to put that Mac release online soon.

Best,
Serge

--
Dr. Serge Heiden, slh at ens-lyon.fr, http://textometrie.ens-lsh.fr
ENS de Lyon/CNRS - ICAR UMR5191, Institut de Linguistique Française