[CWB] cwb under win 7 32 bit

Markus markus.a.roth at gmx.de
Wed Mar 9 17:31:28 CET 2011

Sorry to bother you all with this rookie sort of a question but I am
fighting with the workbench for a week now and I just can't get it running.
I downloaded the cwb-3.2.b3-windows-i586, extracted everything to c:\,
then ran the install-cwb-win.bat as the admin.
Then the new CWB directory was created in c:\programm-files\cwb but
there I get only 4 empty folders: bin/include/lib/man. Nothing in there
at all.
I still did the path-thing in system although it linked to the empty bin
folder.
When I try to double click on cqp.exe in the unzipped (initial) bin
folder (because there I got a lot of .exe files) , it just says:
warning, couldn't open directory c:\CWB\Registry >continuing> [no corpus].

Please, all I want to do is run a few queries for a term paper accessing
ukWaC.

I would be very glad if somebody could help me!

Thank you very much, with kind regards, Markus