[CWB] Character encoding problems when transferring corpus

Josep M. Fontana josepm.fontana at upf.edu
Thu Aug 16 23:29:23 CEST 2012

OK. I'm making progress but I'm not there yet.

Since I was having problems installing Glib2 with Homebrew, I cleaned my
complete MacPorts installation by hand (i.e, I removed the relevant
directories) and reinstalled MacPorts again. This time I got it working.

OK, so after installing all the dependencies, I managed to run the
'cwb-install-mac-osx' script but then I got new errors which I reproduce
at the end of the message. I looked into the script file and I realized
that the problem was that the script looked for config.mk and the rest
of files in its directory
('home/cwb/install-scripts/cwb-install-mac-osx') but these files were in
'home/cwb'. Then I just went into this directory and tried to execute
all the script commands by hand.

1) and 2) were executed without problems

1) cp config.mk config.mk.bak

2) perl -i~ -pe 'if (/^include \$\(TOP\)\/config\/platform\//) { $_ =
"include \$(TOP)/config/platform/'"$PLATFORM"'\n" } elsif (/^include
\$\(TOP\)\/config\/site\//) { $_ = "include
\$(TOP)/config/site/standard\n" }' config.mk

But when I did

$make clean

I got the following error:

make: *** /Users/jfontana/cwb/config/platform/: Is a directory. Stop.

JM

External libraries seem to be provided by MacPorts (/opt/local)
cp: config.mk: No such file or directory
Can't open config.mk: No such file or directory.
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `depend'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `cl'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `utils'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `cqp'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
rm: config.mk: No such file or directory
mv: rename config.mk.bak to config.mk: No such file or directory