[CWB] [ cwb-Bugs-3066695 ] CWB::CL: too few arguments to function cl_string_canonical

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 17 14:54:21 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3066695, was opened at 2010-09-15 02:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by andrewhardie
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=722303&aid=3066695&group_id=131809

not just the latest update.
Category: CWB/Perl interface
Group: TODO-3.5

Initial Comment:
Function call on line 302 in .../perl/trunk/CWB-CL/CL.xs:

  cl_string_canonical(s_norm, flags);

But the definition of the function, on line 714 in .../cwb/trunk/cl/cl.h, requires 3 arguments:

  void cl_string_canonical(char *s, CorpusCharset charset, int flags);

A quick-and-dirty solution which gets CWB::CL to compile is to add any charset to the call, e.g.:

  cl_string_canonical(s_norm, utf8, flags);

I guess it's a bit more complicated than that, but at least I got it to compile this way...

Date: 2012-08-17 05:54

Message:
This bug arises from trying to link the CWB-Perl package with an
incompatible version of the CWB core. The CWB-Perl package is still at
version 3.0, so you need to link it against that version of the CWB core,
which was the last stable release (and not v3.4 which is the current
version in the dev trunk on svn).

See this posy on the email list:

http://liste.sslmit.unibo.it/pipermail/cwb/2011-August/000820.html

Any error message relating to:

cl_string_canonical
Glib
pkg-config

.... is almost certainly due to the above-mentioned version mismatch.

(To our knowledge CWB::CL is the only one of the Perl modules where you
need to avoid mixing versions; the other modules e.g. CWB::CEQL are more
forgiving).

Comment By: ishalyminov ()
Date: 2012-08-16 05:46

Message:
Ubuntu 12.04, FreeBSD 9.0, CWB v. 3.4.5 - the problem is still there, just
as described. Any assumptions for a workaround?

Comment By: peter ljunglöf (heatherleaf)
Date: 2010-09-15 02:20

Message:
My quick solution doesn't work - something with the dynloader:

Can't load
'/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/CWB/CL/CL.bundle' for
module CWB::CL:
dlopen(/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/CWB/CL/CL.bundle,
1): Symbol not found: _g_utf8_skip
  Referenced from:
/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/CWB/CL/CL.bundle
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/CWB/CL/CL.bundle
at /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm
line 207.
 at -e line 1
Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.