[CWB] Character encoding problems when transferring corpus

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 21:03:20 CEST 2012

A quick look around on the web suggests that this error arises if you try to link two files built for different processor architectures. From your gcc output, the root problem would seem to be the point at which libglib is linked into libcl : one has been built for i386 and one for x86-64.

ld: warning: in /usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.32.4/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
<<<

i.e. sounds as if Glib has been built for x86-64 but you are building CWB as i386.

Now, the gcc call in your make-output has both -arch i386 and -arch x86_64 , so at a guess I would say that means that glib on your system must have been built as x86_64 only... Perhaps this is something you can fix with a flag to the configure script when you build it?

(sorry I know nothing about OS X in particular as opposed to other Unixes, so cannot offer a more specific hint!)

Andrew.