[CWB] Shared libraries

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Tue May 8 10:57:02 CEST 2012

On 8 May 2012, at 10:35, oyvind.eide at iln.uio.no wrote:

> Our system had some non-standard placements of shared libraries, and I try to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a temporary workaround to avoid messing with the general setup of the server at this stage. However, this do not seem to work. I set up the placement of libtinfo.so.5 but cqp do not find it anyway. Any suggestions? Other workarounds?

I'm not really a Linux programmer (any more), but AFAIK this approach should work.

Just checking: you did remember to "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH", didn't you?

And are you sure that /local/lib/libtinfo.so.5 is the correct library rather than a symbolic link to a non-existent file or so?  By Linux standards, it should be a link to the actual shared library in a file containing the full version number.  What does "ls -l /local/lib/libtinfo*" show?