[CWB] Problem with cwb-make

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Thu May 10 10:30:39 CEST 2012

On 10 May 2012, at 10:14, oyvind.eide at iln.uio.no wrote:

> I have now encountered another problem, which may look more like a bug. If you look at the transcript below, encoding the corpus works fine. Then cwb-make fails, it seems to be on line 423 of Encoder.pm. The corpus still works, but there seems to be at least one file missing.
>
> Any tips? In need of more information? The server is running linux RHEL 5.8.

Can you send us a sample of the input file?  It is rather strange to have p-attributes for "file" and "id".  Is it possible that the value of "file" is always the same?  The compression algorithm might fail on such a boundary case (I'm not sure whether it does or not).

When you show file listing, always use "ls -l" please.  File sizes and access permissions might give use valuable hints for identifying potential problems.