[CWB] Key specification

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Sun May 13 15:45:09 CEST 2012

> I have a problem with key specification for cwb-align-import tool. I
> have corpus with two structural tags. Sample file might look like
> this:
> <file id="filename">
> <s num="1">
> Hello
> World
> !
> </s>
> </file>
>
> I'd like to use key consisting both from file id and s num.

If your alignment file uses keys e.g. of the form "filename_1" (for the sentence above), then the key specification in the first line of the alignment file should read

SOURCE_CORPUS	TARGET_CORPUS	s	{file_id}_{num}

A very similar example can be found in the online help ("perldoc cwb-align-import"), at least if you have installed a recent version of the tool from the SVN repository.

Cheers,