[CWB] Re:Re:corpus setup problem on CQPweb 3.0.5: cannot create metadata , Error # 1062

Ray Wu liangpingwu at 126.com
Sat May 19 12:13:37 CEST 2012

Thanks Andrew.

Revision 316 works like a charm and the new distribution GUI is also attractive. It seems to me that the only problem with the new distribution is that there are several "Division by zero" warnings when I tried it on the said toy corpus.

The warning messages are something like this:
Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cqp/lib/distribution.inc.php on line 819
Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cqp/lib/distribution.inc.php on line 849

I tried it on another corpus and found similar warings:
Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cqp/lib/distribution.inc.php on line 603

I can see that it is caused by the zero value of  "Words in category". Perhaps something preventive might be needed for  $words_in_cat and $total_words_in_all_cats, in case that a casual user might fail to do some operations presumed.

Best,
Ray