[CWB] Sample corpus for IMS Corpus Workbench

Kurt Sultana kurtanatlus at gmail.com
Sat May 19 22:26:55 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm new to CQP and CQP Web. I've installed the IMS Corpus Workbench. Now
I'm trying to install a sample corpus namely the Dickens corpus available
at: http://cwb.sourceforge.net/download.php#corpora

I've installed it in CQP as per instructions in the readme file of the
corpus

If you want to install the corpus permanently, copy the file
> <registry/dickens> to the global registry directory, and insert the
> correct absolute path to the data/ subdirectory in the HOME and INFO
> entries.

Then I went to IMS Corpus Workbench Admin, chose Install Corpus and chose
the option "Click here to install a corpus you have already indexed in
CWB". After submitting however, I get this error

CQPweb encountered an error and could not continue.
> Pre-indexed corpora require s-attributes text and text_id!!
> ... in file /var/www/cqpweb/lib/admin-lib.inc.php line 138.

Where should I add the text_id so? I'd appreciate if you'd explain in a
slow-paced manner since I'm very new to this.

Or would someone happen to know of an English sample corpus available which
is compatible with IMS corpus workbench?

Thanks in advance,
Kurt