[CWB] Two issues regarding CQPweb revision 316

Ray Wu liangpingwu at 126.com
Tue May 22 09:55:48 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew,
Sorry for the multi-postings on the same issue in a single day. I guess I might find the root of what's puzzling me. I just looked at the source code (add_batch_of_users()  and add_new_user()) in admin-lib.ini.php more carefully (alas, I should do that earlier so that your valuable time is not wasted on me).

After clicking batch create users, the reason why they do not show up in the bottom "Set user's maximum database size" table is that they are not added to the table user_setting automatically, while creat a single user will do as the corresponding  function get/update_user_settings is called.

So my question turns out to be a concurrency issue- which a novice admin user(like me) might expect from past experience acquirement from other software. Similar issue is that if you add a batch of users, they will not automatically in the dropdown list of Select a user to delete unless you that page is refreshed somehow.

owever, another issue emerges from "Remove member" under the banner of "Manage user groups".  The first item is empty; if you choose that one,even if there are other members in that group, the whole group is completely erased.

I'm sorry that I have taken you so much time to anwering my questions. I should do more investigation next time I raise a question, although I  might be bold to excuse myself as a new user yet.

Best,
Ray