[CWB] Sample corpus for IMS Corpus Workbench

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun May 27 14:42:35 CEST 2012

Hi Ray,

>>> a pre-indexing approach is the only(?) way to put a very big corpus online.

Not so re “only”. I have successfully indexed hundreds-of-millions-of-words through the web interface.

>>> I looked into :/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/cqp (my CQPweb directory) and found no directory called dickens was created. However, if I commented the said line 146 out, the dickens directory could be created in the CQPweb program directory, but there was still no index created in /usr/local/apache2/cqpweb_aux/index (my CQPweb index directory for all corpora).

There’s not supposed to be; the data directory is used in its existing location (only the registry file is copied).

Basically what seems to be happening is that the check to see whether the data directory exists is failed, although it does in fact exist. The web folder is only created after that check is passed.

I have made a small tweak to the regex that picks out the directory string, can you try it again? Thanks.