[CWB] CQPweb 3.0.7 on CWB 3.4.3 cwb-scan-corpus error! Segmentation fault

Ray Wu liangpingwu at 126.com
Mon May 28 16:08:10 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew,
>>> This shows the problem is in your database (textual data in query results is from CQP, textual data in frequency lists or in collocation lists is from MySQL). The fact that it shows up on the command line correctly may not mean anything. You could try adjusting the $utf8_set_required variable in your config file, and see if that helps.

Ah,  you are my hero - you are right again!  I checked the setup manual and found the directive mentioned there already. To err is human; to err often is novice...

>>>Yeah, this feature will not be appearing in CQPweb :)

Well, I forgot there are more languages in the world other than Chinese. Anyway, a home patch might do the job should that occasion arise.