[CWB] Installing CQPWeb

Martí Quixal marti.quixal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 04:48:22 CEST 2012

Dear list members,

I am installing CQPWeb, and everything seemed to be ok until I typed the
url in my browser:

http://localhost/spintx-web/adm

Then I got this message:

CQPweb encountered an error and could not continue.

And then I looked into the apache error log and saw this other info:

[Sat Oct 06 21:34:32 2012] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist:
/Library/WebServer/Documents/spintx-web/css/CQPweb.css, referer:
http://localhost/spintx-web/adm/

My questions are:

1) Could this missing css file be causing the problem? (sounds weird...)
so...

2) I used the automatic php configuration file and when the script asked
for a user I gave a user that did not exist as a system user (I mistyped
it, spintex-web instead of spintx-web). I added manually the system user I
wanted to use, just in case, but this does not seem to improve anything.
Then I had the impression that the user created with the automatic php
config file is only a CQPWeb admin not a system user, am I wrong?

So, do you have any recommendation? What else should I be looking to?

I am running the whole thing (apache2, mysql, php, cwb tools, etc.) in the
latest version (also CQPWeb from svn, not download link) on a Mac OSX
10.7.5.

- PHP 5.3.15 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jul 31 2012 14:49:18)
- Server version: 5.5.28 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
- Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Unix)
-- Server built:   Jul 12 2012 15:11:26
- CQP Version:   3.0.0
(and latest versions of all perl modules as on the sourceforge page, except
for CQPWeb, which is the svn version as recommended)

Thanks in advance!

--
Martí Quixal
Computational Linguist & Educational Technologist