[CWB] latin file that gives an error

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Thu Oct 11 13:19:49 CEST 2012

Hi Eva,

you've got spaces instead of TABs on two lines in this file:

l. 19: mittigant   mi	V:IND

l. 32: habiti  habeo	V:PTC

These lines will incorrectly show "V:IND" and "V:PTC" as lemma, and "__UNDEF__" as pos.  In addition, an "</s>" tag is missing at the end of the last sentences.

However, I cannot reproduce your error.  I've tried both CWB 3.4.3 and CWB 3.0.2, and indexing + compression works without any problems or error messages.  There seems to be a problem with your setup or your computer.

Can you tell us exactly what operating system and version you're using, and how you have obtained and installed CWB?  If you're using a pre-compiled binary, please tell us which version you've downloaded.

We also need to know exactly which commands you entered to index and compress the corpus, plus the output from each of these commands.  Perhaps this will allow us to make a guess at the source of the error.