[CWB] CQPWeb -- Query restriction using file-level free text metadata

Martí Quixal marti.quixal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:59:48 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a corpus for which I have file level metadata in CQP web. I
currently have a couple of classification metadata and a couple of free
text metadata.

When I go to the Restricted query interface I get checkboxes for Gender and
Location (my classification metadata) but not for the others (Interview ID,
Age, Year). Is there any possibility to restrict queries on the basis of
those free text metadata on this restricted query interface. I have seen I
can create subcorpora, but that seems can be a bit clumsy/confusing for the
users (foreign language teachers) I have in mind.

By the way in the "Manage metadata" interface I have seen I can include
corpus-level metadata. Are these metadata different from the metadata added
at the text-level (that is, using the text id)?

Thanks in advance,

--
Martí Quixal
Computational Linguist & Educational Technologist