[CWB] If you're using the CWB...

Serge Heiden slh at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Oct 31 15:01:54 CET 2013

Thanks Andrew for the (funny "Users of the CWB") entry in the CWB web site.
Thanks also for your acknowledgements of the Unicode and Windows
development of CQP from the TXM project in the article (thanks again for
the development work). It is good to publicize the open-source way of
developing things.
I am a bit embarrassed by the "fork of the CWB code base that forms part
of the TXM platform" formulation though:
I wouldn't like to "have to" maintain a fork of CWB and it would be nice if
we could incorporate into CWB code base anything we are developing
in the context of TXM and could help others.
For example, currently we have some new developments of CQP that may
interest others and it would be nice to find time/a way to give access to it
through the CWB project:
- additions and updates to the CQi API: Java client  + cqpserver side code
(including corrections to the cqpserver error code management)
- development of a cqpserver library replacement to cqpserver application
(CQP is now a .so dynamic library loaded into TXM with JNI and accessed
through a CQi loopback)

Best,
Serge

Dr. Serge Heiden, slh at ens-lyon.fr, http://textometrie.ens-lyon.fr