[CWB] Bug report-CQPweb 3.1.11

Umut Demirhan umutufuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:27:36 CET 2014

Dear Andrew,

I would like to inform you about the bug on CQPweb 3.1.11 and possibly on
CQPweb 3.1.* too.

It is related to the wildcard option.

In order to generate the concordance lines of multiword units I use wildcard
options. In  this case, let's say "* the other" without quotation marks.

There is no problem with the above usage; however, when I put the wildcard
to the end (i.e. "on the *"), the application only generates the concordance
lines of the pattern "on the" without considering "any one word" at the end.

I tested it on Lancaster's CQPweb system, but the result is the same.

My system configuration is as follows:

- OS: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

- MySql: mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.40,

- Php: PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5

- Apache: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

Best regards,

Umut