[CWB] CQPweb: v 3.1.0 now usable, I think

Andres Chandia andres at chandia.net
Mon Jan 20 10:04:19 CET 2014

So, it is safe to updgrade by svn?

Hi all,  My grand re-structuring of
almost everything for CQPweb v 3.1.0 is now finished.   There is not much visible difference,
but a lot has changed under the bonnet, and this will hopefully make it quicker and easier to
implement new features.  If you are an adventurous sort, I think you can now safely upgrade to
3.1.0 (repo commit 497). There are probably bugs; reports very welcome.  If you are less
adventurous, you might want to stick with 3.0.16 a bit longer, until the worst problems are
dealt with.  Currently 3.1 runs nowhere but on my computer. Later today I hope to upgrade the
Lancaster to 3.1, so those of you with accounts on that server can have a look at it later
this week to see what has changed.  One big change that you won't see from looking at a server
is that I have completely revamped the sysadmin documentation. Previously this consisted of a
series of HTML files - the maintenance of which has become increasingly hairy over the past
couple of years. Now, I have shifted most of these over into a "CQPweb System
Administrator's Manual" written in LaTeX and available within the usual documentation
tree on the SourceForge repository. I hope that this new format will (a) make it more
maintainable (b) make it easier for others to contribute patches. There are still a couple of
HTML files to convert; these will be done as and when I find a moment.  Like the CWB and CQP
tutorials, the manual compiles to both PDF and HTML; the PDF is included with CQPweb and is
also on the website here:  http://cwb.sourceforge.net/files/CQPwebAdminManual.pdf
  Crucially, it has a couple of sections that between them cover the process of upgrading from
v 3.0.16 to 3.1.0, which, given all the changes I have made, is non-straightforward.  That's
all for now.  best  Andrew.   _______________________________________________ CWB mailing list
CWB at sslmit.unibo.it

            andrés
chandía

administrador de
parles.upf.edu
psicoaching.net
mapuche koyaktu
ong mapuche koyaktu
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!