[CWB] Character encoding revisited (plus question about query)

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Fri Jun 27 18:58:53 CEST 2014

On 27 Jun 2014, at 18:40, Josep M. Fontana <josepm.fontana at upf.edu> wrote:

> I have the feeling this is a pretty crude and inefficient way of doing this but I haven't been able to figure out any other way to do it by looking at the CQP manual. Can anybody tell how to get the total frequencies independently of the relative order the verb occupies with respect to SE if that is actually possible?

In this particular case, you could simply put a target on the verb position and merge the two queries.  This is only possible if you're interested in a single word, of course.

	Ref = [word="se"] @[pos="V.*"] | @[pos="V.*"] [word="se"] ::match.text_century="13";
	count Ref by lema %cd on target > "verb_se-13.txt";

-- Stefan