[CWB] German letter

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Wed Mar 19 08:53:13 CET 2014

> I am trying to search for some words in a German-Spanish parallel corpus indexed with CWB, but I have a Spanish keyboard and I don’t have the letter “eszett” (ß). Is there any way to copy and paste that letter from another source when typing when cqp is activated?

If you're working with an old version of CQP (from the 3.0 series) and the corpus is in latin1 encoding, you can still use the old latex-style escapes:

	\"a –> ä
	\"s –> ß

etc.  So if you're looking for Spaß, your query would be

	"Spa\"s"

We removed the escapes from CWB 3.4 because they only work for latin1 and they don't play along well with the complex escapes in PCRE regular expressions.