[CWB] ParaVoz, a parallel corpora web interface released

Ruprecht von Waldenfels waldenfels at issl.unibe.ch
Tue Mar 25 19:42:56 CET 2014

Dear List,

I am happy to say we have finally succeeded in publishing the parallel
corpus interface to CWB we have used in ParaSol
(http://parasol.unibe.ch) as an open source project here:
https://bitbucket.org/rvwfels/paravoz .

The package ParaVoz provides a simple, yet effective interface for a
parallel corpus using OpenCWB (http://cwb.sourceforge.net). It should
work on any linux machine with only minimal changes in the INI files to
reflect paths, and possibly adjustments concerning language codes.

See the movie on the ParaSol website for ParaVoz in motion
http://parasol.unibe.ch/ParaSol_demo.mp4 and the bitbucket site for more
information on installation.

Best,
Ruprecht

NB: We have christened the corpus ParaVoz, which means Locomotive in
many Slavic languages; at the same time the root -voz means 'bring' in
Slavic.

>> Josep M.
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> you might be interested to know we are planning to publish a very
>>> simple interface for parallel corpora with CWB in the near future
>>> (it's mainly a question of the documentation and choosing the right
>>> license...). It's being used in with ParaSol at the moment (see
>>> http://parasol.unibe.ch ). While it is certainly not in any way as
>>> sophisticated as Andrews work, it should be very easy to install and
>>> run - this was our main concern.
>>>
>>> I can try to prioritize the publication, if you are interested.
>>>
>>> Best!
>>> Ruprecht