[CWB] Assertion failed

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Fri Dec 18 14:20:50 CET 2015

> On 18 Dec 2015, at 13:06, Ruprecht von Waldenfels <ruprecht.waldenfels at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> I have to say this is after I copied the alignments from a different version of BULGAKOVMASTER_RU. Maybe this is somehow connected. I am not sure it all worked as it should, there is a glitch with the original alignments with this corpus that I still have to look into in some detail.

That would easily explain the problem.  If the file you copied references a different version of the corpus, the last alignment region might well extend beyond the end of the new corpus – which would trigger this assertion.

Of course, most of the other alignment regions will be wrong, too, but CQP can't know that.

The only safe way of copying alignments is to cwb-align-export them into beads using ID references to sentences, and then cwb-align-import in the new corpus.  Or, if you cwb-align-imported them in the first place, simply go through the same steps for the new corpus.

I'm very happy to announce that CWB4/Ziggurat will not allow you to copy index files to a different corpus under any circumstances. :-)