[CWB] ERROR: CQP backend startup failed

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 13:52:25 CET 2015

One think comes to mind: is the CQP executable on the PATH of the username that Apache runs under? If not,  then that’s the problem, and you need to add the path to the location of the executable to the CQPweb configuration file.

If that isn’t the problem then we can consider other possibilities. Before that, however: Can you check your version of CQPweb please?

note also that using the core CWB version 3.0.x with CQPweb will work, but is not recommended (since CQPweb works solely in UTF-8, and v3.0 of the core doesn’t support utf8 regular expressions). for English you wouldn’t notice much difference, for other languages you might.