[CWB] First installation

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 18:58:55 CEST 2015

>> Is there a guide to help install the latest version?

Yes – the INSTALL file.

>> If I have a installation of CQP on a computer, Can I extract the corpus from there and migrate to another server?

Yes. the binary format doesn’t change between OS types. You will probably need to rewrite the data path in your registry files, however.

>> Which version is recommended to be able to have access to CQP like https://cqpweb.lancs.ac.uk? 3.0 is sufficient?
CQPweb requires at least v 3.0.0. If you are using UTF-8 data, it is recommended to use v3.4 as then you get Unicode-aware regular expression matching, which is NOT available in 3.0.

best

Andrew

I've been looking at the documentation, but is outdated and somewhat confusing.

Is there a guide to help install the latest version?

If I have a installation of CQP on a computer, Can I extract the corpus from there and migrate to another server?

Which version is recommended to be able to have access to CQP like https://cqpweb.lancs.ac.uk? 3.0 is sufficient?
Thanks for your tips.

--
Un saludo, Dani.