[CWB] Greedy token match

Maarten Janssen maartenpt at gmail.com
Thu May 21 11:20:45 CEST 2015

Dear all,

There seem to be a problem with greedy matches on tokens in CQP - when running a query on stretches on PNM (part of name) in a corpus we have, you would expect the full matching sequences using greedy repitition on tokens, but you do seem not to, at least not in the queries I run:

TT-CRPCGS> [pos=".*_PNM"]+;
       73: e querem defender . O Sr. <Alberto> Martins ( PS ) : - Muito
       74:  defender . O Sr. Alberto <Martins> ( PS ) : - Muito bem ! O

Since token 73 and 74 both match, they should never have been individual matches with a greedy search; does anybody have any idea why this would happen, and how to solve it?

Maarten