[CWB] CQPweb: offline-freqlists.php error

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri May 22 15:04:41 CEST 2015

Thanks for the report. The difference is more likely to have to do with the PHP error report config on the two boxes than the difference between the two versions. You have "strict standards" reporting on, which produces alerts not just for errors but also for programming practices that are "considered wrong" even though they do actually work.

In this case, the practice in question (in both cases: passing an assignment statement to a temporary variable as an argument to stream_select() ) is actually recommended in the PHP manual! (http://php.net/stream_select)

Nevertheless, it is a poor showing for CQPweb to be producing these alerts.

So I will re-work the code so that it will not report these errors any more (although they are harmless).  Look for this to pop up in one of my next couple of commits to the sf.net repo.

Also: select() calls are a pain in the neck. That is all.