[CWB] Does CQPweb support dynamic attributes now?

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Tue Oct 6 11:38:13 CEST 2015

> But there comes another question - By the "&"operation  in the query [pos="N.*" & f(word)>100], it is supposed that both conditions on the right and left are to be satisfied.

Exactly.  CQP makes sure that all tokens returned by the query satisfy the two conditions you specified:

1) the token is tagged as a noun;

2) its surface form occurs more than 100x in the corpus (regardless of POS tag).

> That is, the result should only return any word that is BOTH noun AND with frequency greater than 100 AS NOUN.

You never told CQP that you want frequency _as a noun_ to be > 100.

>  This creates some confusion in me, as I understand that the "&" operation is non-directional (but now it is carried out from left to right, one way only). Have I missed anything here?

It's not carried out in any "direction".  It just ensures that both the left constraint and the right constraint match.

Cheers,